Dana Theus is a compelling and engaging leadership speaker, motivating mid-level and executive audiences to master change and seek professional success through personal growth. In her talks and articles, she gives voice to the value of women in the workforce and their leadership assets – energizing women and men alike to tap into their full potential for authentic leadership styles that balance organizational cultures. Her research-based talks are inspirational, action-oriented and inpowering.
As a leadership consultant and executive coach Dana helps her clients through the personal growth that results in career success and life mastery. With her support, individuals access their power to present a confident, authentic personal brand and lead true and lasting change – at work and in their lives. She specializes in supporting professional women and emotionally intelligent leaders through her blog InPowerWomen.com, recognized by Forbes as a top 100 women’s blog, and her online coaching community at InPowerCoaching.com. Dana has spent her 25-year career helping individuals and organizations succeed as they venture into new territory, working inside and alongside fortune 100 companies, entrepreneurial startups, government agencies and non-profits. Her experience spans international government affairs, marketing, branding, communications, product development, product management, strategic planning, change management, leadership development, consulting, entrepreneurship and coaching.
[Scroll down for audience-specific short bio statements.]
I was really impressed with how easily you made “soft” skills interesting and appealing for both women and men – in the same session! The interaction and engagement was great. – Senior Leader, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Some Facts about Dana
- Professional Development provider for Women In Storebrand Excellence – Chicago, IL
- Webinar instructor for Lorman Education and Business Management Daily
- Writer for The Mission on Medium.com
- Former Washington DC Host, Executive Leader’s Radio (#1 business talk radio station in the mid-atlantic)
- Forbes 100 Women’s Leadership Blog 2013 – InPowerWomen.com
- Leadership blogger on Medium/The Mission, Huffington Post, Smartbrief on Leadership and Lead Change.
- Top 100 Most Socially Shared Leadership Blogs (3 blogs)
- Top 25 Blogs: HR Examiner
- Top 75 Human Business Champion
- Former Instructor George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Champion
Check Out Dana on Social Media
Speaking Topics & Samples
Want to bring motivational, practical and powerful insights to your organization? Dana speaks powerfully on the following topics in both motivational talk and workshop formats. Dana can speak to your whole group, conduct a half day workshop, advise your planning committee, support leaders on a one-to-one basis – and all of the above! All sessions are appropriate for women-only and mixed gender audiences. Contact Dana to schedule your event.
Speaking & Workshop Topics
- Personal Master for Success at Every Level
- The Only Secret to Managing Difficult People You’ll Ever Need
- Personal Branding – What is it and How Do You Get One?
- Thought Leadership – How Anyone Can Lead From Anywhere
- The Keys To Team Productivity
- Career Development Secrets for Every Stage of Your Career
- Transformational Leadership Secrets
- How to Develop a Coaching Leadership Style
- Building an Authentic (Feminine) Leadership Presence
- Communicating with Confidence for Women
- Networking Skills for High-Achieving Women
- Building Influence Through Thought Leadership
- Mastering the Art of Authentic Persuasion
- Personal Branding For High-Potential Leaders
- Personal Branding For Business Success (for business owners)
We invited Dana to speak at our 2Q 2013 Financial Women Leadership Network event. We asked her to share her insights on how to master authentic self-promotion. Dana tailored “A Professional Woman’s Guide to Communicating with Confidence” presentation to our group’s needs and truly exceeded our expectations. She is very friendly, personable and was a pleasure to work with every step of the way. Dana was very flexible and made sure that her materials met outlined objectives and were interesting, relevant, thought provoking and empowering. She made her presentation very interactive and was able to engage a diverse group of women from those just starting their careers to those in various leadership roles. I highly recommend Dana for your coaching or professional development event! ~ Aksana Rajput, Sr. Tax Accountant, Exxon-Mobile (Top qualities identified on LinkedIn for this recommendation: Great Results , Good Value, High Integrity)
“I recently attended Dana Theus’ business roundtable discussion of ‘Become a Thought Leader on Social Media’ at the 2013 The Power Conference–Women Doing Business. As a newly formed business, I was very engaged in activities I deemed necessary to my startup plan. Missing was the core idea that my business needed to move to the next level. Since attending, I have not only used her technique, but it has shaped every decision moving forward.” ~ Jackie Mae, Author
Being a woman doesn’t make you a part of the weaker sex; we are a different sex and this seminar showed me that that’s ok and should be valued. ~Workshop participant
- Mastering Strategic Change & Transformation* – Learn the 5 agreements of Change and Transformation
- Mastering Group Dynamics for Team Leaders* – Learn to establish power across matrixed and cross-functional groups
- Establishing High Performance Team Agreements* – Diagnose and eliminate team performance inhibitors
Dana does a great job simplifying difficult concepts. Her insight is phenomenal. She is very patient and encouraging. – Leadership Development Seminar Participant, George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership
The PRIMES Leadership Lab we did with Dana is really about taking projects and diverse teams, breaking down those projects into areas to discover synergies, differences, and misconceptions. It helps us come up with an integrated approach to making sure we’re working on the same version of the truth.” Mike Howard, Chief Security Officer, Microsoft. See the full Microsoft video about this training.
This seminar helps you as women understand how to make the choices that work well for you, in life and work. Excellent tools to understand how to balance your life and the expectations associated with it. Arlene Handen, Staffing Manager
Coming into the seminar I had a strong belief that certain things were set in stone. Walking away, I now now that I have a choice… always. Dana Rivera
Dana does a great job simplifying difficult concepts. Her insight is phenomenal. She is very patient and encouraging. ~ Workshop participant
Listening to Dana made me look at life from a different window. There is more to life. Stay positive! ~ Workshop participant
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Microsoft – Seattle, WAExxon-Mobil Women’s Leadership Forum – Huston, TX
- Exxon-Mobil Women’s Leadership Forum – Huston, TX
- Women in Technology — Northern Virginia
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center – Huntsville, AL
- National Association of Women MBAs – Washington, DC
- The Power Conference for Women – Bethesda, MD
- The Washington Network Group Women’s Leadership Forum – Washington, DC
- TEDxMassAve 2012 (Co-hosted with TEDx Women) – Washington, DC
- The Washington Network Group – Washington, DC
- Legacy Women’s Conference Northern Illinois University – Chicago, IL
- Women in Electronics/VentureSource – Online
Speaker’s Introduction (Sample Bios)
[To Corporate Audience]
Dana Theus is President & CEO of InPower Coaching, helping emerging and established leaders master change and find professional success through personal growth. Dana offers innovative leadership development and coaching programs to companies and individuals capitalizing on her 25-year business career in marketing/business development, strategic planning, leadership development and coaching. She has worked for Fortune 100 companies, entrepreneurial startups, government and military agencies and non-profits. A prolific writer and perceptive coach, Dana has developed the InPower Leadership Development Competency Model, and she founded InPowerWomen.com (a Forbes Top 100 web site for women) and InPowerCoaching.com to bring an InPowered voice to leadership development. Dana is also a research-based advocate for women’s leadership initiatives and her articles are featured and syndicated on The Mission, HR.com, the National Journal and Smartbrief on Leadership. Learn more and contact Dana at DanaTheus.com.
Dana Theus is a leadership consultant and executive coach. She helps her clients through the personal growth that results in career success and life mastery. With her support, clients access their power to present a confident, authentic personal brand and lead true and lasting change – at work and in their lives. She specializes in supporting professional women and emotionally intelligent leaders through her blog InPowerWomen.com, recognized by Forbes as a top 100 women’s blog, and her online coaching community at InPowerCoaching.com.
Photos (click on image to download hi res version)